Welcome to the page for training options for the 2017 Zion Half Marathon on April 1, 2017, from Vacation Races!
Active at Altitude is proud and honored to be the Official Training Partner for Vacation Races – we look forward to working with you and empowering your best race experience in Zion.
Zion half marathon – Exclusive Positive Race Preparation Workshop – Friday March 31, 9.00am – 12.00pm
This one day workshop focuses on preparing runners for four critical factors that runners have identified as where they need the greatest guidance prior to race day:
- How to focus on the positive aspects of your preparation and training to race day and how to minimize the impact of negative self talk, and have a positive, great race experience!
- Review of the race course
- How to develop a race strategy, including nutrition, hydration, and pacing
- How to run more efficiently, saving you energy!
- This exciting workshop takes place on Friday March 31, from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm, in time to reach the expo / packet pick-up. Location is TBA, very close to the expo. Places are limited to 20 runners per race; cost is $40 per person.
Check out this video of Patrice Hubbard on her experience of her Positive Race Workshop at Yellowstone. Patrice talks about the workshop itself, and the effect it had on her race experience for her first half marathon!
Zion Half Marathon – Free Training Programs
Our two levels of training programs are free to any Vacation Racers that register prior to the start of the programs. Each program is delivered in 4 week blocks via an e-newsletter from Active at Altitude. Our programs are based on proven science based components, and progress over the duration. More than 3,300 runners signed up for our programs in 2015!
Click on the request program link below, complete your details on the window that opens, click submit, and you are registered! If you start with one program, and find that you need to switch part way through, contact us with your details, and we can switch your program.
Upgrade to new Training App for Zion!
- See the whole training program in one location on your phone
- You can switch between beginner and intermediate training programs within the app
- Resource section with training tips, advice on altitude preparation, videos, and more…
- Images from previous Zion half marathons
- Training log – you have the ability to log your training runs
- all of this is available for the special offer price of $8 per runner per race
Zion Training app screenshots
Here are screen shots for this exciting app – runners love how accountable it makes their training!
Zion training app information
To upgrade to this exciting training app once it is available in December 2016, click on the register for the Zion training app button, complete the payment, and we will send you details to download and access the app – we will provide you a club name and authorization code to access app content.
The app is just $8 per runner, plus a small service fee for registration.