Welcome to the page for training options for the 2018 Rocky Mountain Half Marathon on August 4, 2018, from Vacation Races!
Active at Altitude is proud and honored to be the Official Training Partner for Vacation Races – we look forward to working with you and empowering your best race experience in Estes Park.
Rocky Mountain half marathon – Exclusive Unleash Your Awesome, a Positive Race Workshop – Friday August 3, 9.00am – 12.00pm
This one day workshop focuses on preparing runners for five critical factors that runners have identified as where they need the greatest guidance prior to race day:
- You are already awesome – find out how to unleash your inner awesome and have the best race you have ever had!
- Altitude running tips – find out the secrets of how to run at altitude and leave your ego behind
- Efficient running – learn how to run more efficiently both uphill and downhill
- Race strategy – learn how to develop your own personalized race strategy and rock your race in Estes Park
- Switch anxiety to positive – learn how to change nervous anxiety into something positive that can supercharge your race experience!
- This exciting workshop takes place on Friday August 3, from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm, in time to reach the expo / packet pick-up. Location is TBA, very close to the expo. Places are limited to 20 runners per race; cost is $40 per person.
Check out what three runners had to say about our unleash your awesome race workshop at Grand Teton this year. They talk about what the workshop changed for them, and how they feel about the race coming up the next day as a result!
Check out this video of Patrice Hubbard on her experience of her Positive Race Workshop at Yellowstone. Patrice talks about the workshop itself, and the effect it had on her race experience for her first half marathon!
Listen to what Melissa Roberts has to share on her experience of a positive race workshop at the Zion half marathon, and the positive impact the workshop had on her race experience!
Rocky Half Marathon – Free Training Programs
Our two levels of training programs are free to any Vacation Racers that register prior to the start of the programs. Each program is delivered in 4 week blocks via an e-newsletter from Active at Altitude. Our programs are based on proven science based components, and progress over the duration. More than 3,000 runners signed up for our programs in 2016!
Click on the request program link below, complete your details on the window that opens, click submit, and you are registered! If you start with one program, and find that you need to switch part way through, contact us with your details, and we can switch your program.
Upgrade to new Training App for Rocky!
- See the whole training program in one location on your phone
- You can switch between beginner and intermediate training programs within the app
- Resource section with training tips, advice on altitude preparation, videos, and more…
- Images from previous Rocky half marathons
- Training log – you have the ability to log your training runs
- all of this is available for the special offer price of $8 per runner per race
Rocky Training app screenshots
Here are screen shots for this exciting app – runners love how accountable it makes their training!
Rocky Training app information
To upgrade to this exciting training app now, click on the register for Rocky training app button, complete details and the payment, and we will send you details to download and access the app – we will provide you a club name and authorization code to access app content.
The app is just $8 per runner, plus a small registration service fee.