Welcome to the page for training options for the 2017 Grand Teton Half Marathon on June 3, 2017, from Vacation Races!
Active at Altitude is proud and honored to be the Official Training Partner for Vacation Races – we look forward to working with you and empowering your best race experience in Jackson Hole.
Grand Teton half marathon – Exclusive Positive Race Preparation Workshop – Friday June 2, 9.00am – 12.00pm
This one day workshop focuses on preparing runners for four critical factors that runners have identified as where they need the greatest guidance prior to race day:
- How to focus on the positive aspects of your preparation and training to race day and how to minimize the impact of negative self talk, and have a positive, great race experience!
- Review of the race course
- How to develop a race strategy, including nutrition, hydration, and pacing
- How to run more efficiently, saving you energy, and tips for running at altitude!
- This exciting workshop takes place on Friday June 2, from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm, in time to reach the expo / packet pick-up. Location is TBA, close to the expo. Places are limited to 20 runners per race; cost is $40 per person.
Check out this video of Patrice Hubbard on her experience of her Positive Race Workshop at Yellowstone. Patrice talks about the workshop itself, and the effect it had on her race experience for her first half marathon!
Listen to what Melissa Roberts has to share on her experience of a positive race workshop at the Zion half marathon, and the positive impact the workshop had on her race!
Grand Teton Half Marathon – Free Training Programs
Our two levels of training programs are free to any Vacation Racers that register prior to the start of the programs. Each program is delivered in 4 week blocks via an e-newsletter from Active at Altitude. Our programs are based on proven science based components, and progress over the duration. More than 3,300 runners signed up for our programs in 2015!
Click on the request program link below, complete your details on the window that opens, click submit, and you are registered! If you start with one program, and find that you need to switch part way through, contact us with your details, and we can switch your program.
Upgrade to new Training App for Teton!
- See the whole training program in one location on your phone
- You can switch between beginner and intermediate training programs within the app
- Resource section with training tips, advice on altitude preparation, videos, and more…
- Images from previous Teton half marathons
- Training log – you have the ability to log your training runs
- all of this is available for the special offer price of $8 per runner per race
Teton Training app screenshots
Here are screen shots for this exciting app – runners love how accountable it makes their training!
Teton training app information
To upgrade to this exciting training app once it is available in February 2017, click on the register for the Teton training app button, complete the payment, and we will send you details to download and access the app – we will provide you a club name and authorization code to access the app content.
The app is just $8 per runner per race, plus a small registration service fee.