Welcome to the page for training options for the 2016 Rocky Mountain Half Marathon on July 30, 2016, from Vacation Races!
Active at Altitude is proud and honored to be the Official Training Partner for Vacation Races – we look forward to working with you and empowering your best race experience in Estes Park!
Here you will find details of the training options available to you for the Rocky Mountain Half Marathon:
Rocky Mountain Positive Race Workshop – Friday July 29th, 2016, 9.00 am – 12.00 pm – Registration is open!
This one day workshop focuses on preparing runners for five critical factors that runners have identified as where they need the greatest guidance prior to race day, with a major focus on a generating a positive race experience:
- How to focus on the positive aspects of your preparation and training to race day and how to minimize the impact of negative self talk
- Review of the race course
- How to develop a race strategy, including nutrition, hydration, and pacing
- How to reset your mind to enable your body to respect the race altitude
- How to run more efficiently
- We will also share information on the POSITIVE RUNNING MOVEMENT™
- This exciting workshop takes place on Friday July 29, from 9.00 am to 12.00 pm, in time to reach the expo / packet pick-up. Location will be at a central location in Estes Park and close to the expo. Places are limited to 20 runners per race; cost is $40 per person.
Rocky Mountain Half Marathon – Training Programs
Our training programs are founded on proven science based components, and progress in duration and intensity. more than 3,300 runners signed up for our program for 2015! There will be two options for training programs for this race:
- Beginner training program (16 weeks) or intermediate training program (12 weeks) available as an app for both iPhone and Android – the app includes the full program, along with run log options, instructional and motivational videos, resource section, training log, race information, and more – the cost for the app is just $5 per runner
- The same two programs are available for free – each program is delivered in 4 week blocks via an e-newsletter from Active at Altitude
Click on the request program link below, complete your details on the window that opens, click submit, and you are registered! If you start with one program, and find that you need to switch part way through, contact us with your details, and we can switch your program. You will also be able to switch to the training app for your smartphone, once it becomes available.
Upgrade to new Training App for Rocky!
- See the whole training program in one location on your phone
- You can switch between beginner and intermediate training programs within the app
- Resource section with training tips, advice on altitude preparation, videos, and more…
- Images from previous Rocky half marathons
- Training log – you have the ability to log your training runs
- all of this is available for the special offer price of $5 per runner per race
To upgrade to this exciting training app, click on the register for the Rocky training app button below, complete the payment, and we will send you details to download and access this exciting app!
Here are screenshots from the iPhone app to give you an idea of how the app looks and functions: